This dish is best served chilled! To enhance the presentation, you can top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground nutmeg or cinnamon. Serve this cake as a dessert after a festive holiday meal, or it can even be a delightful addition to a holiday brunch or afternoon tea. For a complete holiday dessert spread, consider serving this cake alongside gingerbread cookies, fruitcake, or peppermint bark.
1 package white cake mix
1 cup eggnog
½ cup vegetable oil
For the topping:
2 cups whipped cream or Cool Whip
2 cups eggnog
3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding pix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, ½ cup of vegetable oil, and 1 cup of eggnog. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake according to the package instructions for the cake mix, usually around 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the topping. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 cups of eggnog, the instant pudding mix, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg until it thickens.
- Once the cake is done and has cooled, poke holes with end of wooden spoon.
- Spread the eggnog pudding mixture over the top. Place in fridge and chill for 20 minutes to set.
- Finish by spreading 2 cups of whipped cream (whipped topping) evenly over the pudding layer. Optionally, garnish with a sprinkle of additional cinnamon or nutmeg.
Slice, serve, and enjoy your Eggnog Cake!
Eggnog Poke Cake is a delightful holiday dessert that captures the essence of traditional eggnog in a delicious cake form. Make it a part of your festive celebrations and enjoy the comforting flavors of the season!