One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole is a super flavorful, quick and easy ground beef recipe! Your whole family will love this tasty casserole full of beef, rice, corn, and tons of taco flavor!
MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE:
This casserole tastes just like everyone’s favorite restaurant-style Mexican rice. Except, that it is turned into a complete, hearty, meal in 30 minutes or less! This rice casserole has always been a staple in my house because it’s something we can all agree upon. It used to be something that I would put together and bake in the oven. Until I realized I could just make this into a stovetop one pan dish. The rice simmers in the pan right along with the cooked ground beef and onion, corn, salsa, tomato sauce, and seasonings for amazing flavor! After your rice is tender you can stir in your favorite shredded cheese, and top with green onions if you’d like. We also really enjoy this with an extra side of salsa and a dollop of sour cream!
- ▢1 Pound Ground Beef
- ▢1 Small Onion, Diced
- ▢Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- ▢2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- ▢1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ▢1 Cup Long Grain White Rice, SEE NOTE
- ▢1 ½ Cups Beef Broth
- ▢1 15 Ounce Can Corn, Drained
- ▢8 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- ▢½ Cup Salsa
- ▢1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Cook the ground beef and onion together with salt and pepper to taste in a large skillet over medium high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if necessary.
- Return the pan to the stove and sprinkle the beef with the garlic powder and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the rice, broth, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 18-20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Top with cheese and return the lid to the pan for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.